Today I am back to my studies after having a few weeks off over the summer. This article Five things to think about if you’re considering a doctorate was a good read to get back into focus. From The Conversation, and written by Sioux McKenna, the 5 things are:
- Make sure you’re doing it for yourself – consider all your reasons for doing the PhD and ensure the main one is to invest in yourself.
- The magic of momentum – “regularity of input, more than the quantity and quality, seems to be key”.
- Celebrate small successes – set clear deadlines and share these.
- Be kind to yourself – keep a positive outlook and move past poor progress or negative feedback.
- Find a community – regularly engage with your fellow travelers.